ACI transportation fleet includes many different types of vehicle
DRIVER (CORRL INDS PROD SPCT)
Job Id: 29892
Post Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED Grade: 17
Salary: 29,008.10 – 40,523.00
Arizona Department of Corrections
Safer communities through effective corrections.
DRIVER (Correctional Industries Production Specialist)
To apply, go to Delivery Truck Driver or Arizona State Jobs. Enter Job ID: 29892 and press Search. Then click on
DRIVER (CORRL INDS PROD SPCT)
This position is responsible for the efficient and timely transportation, delivery and assembly/installation of ACI materials and products.
- Drives both gas and diesel vehicles ranging from ½ ton vans to 80,000 lbs semi-tractor trailer rigs
- Maneuvers in tight locations for loading and unloading products
- Utilizes material handling equipment to include hand trucks, electric pallet jacks and gas operated forklifts
- Oversees and monitors an inmate installation crew loading, delivering and installing ACI products
- Prevents damage or theft of items while in transit and accounts for all goods
- Adheres to all safety regulations and laws
- Prepares all necessary logbooks per CDL guidelines
- Verifies delivery of goods and insures quality installation
- Prepares written reports
- Works extended or irregular hours as needed
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Management techniques
- Warehouse and transportation operations to include shipping, receiving, inventory control, product delivery, storage, manufacturing and installation
- Handling hazardous materials
- Fire and safety standards and regulations
- Security requirements and practices
- Arizona Department of Transportation rules and regulations and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Written and verbal communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Providing on-the-job training
- Organization and research
- Quality control
- Operation of gas and diesel powered vehicles and safe operation of electric and gas powered forklifts
- Manufacturing equipment/machinery
- Simple bookkeeping
- Decision making
- Work in a prison environment
- Read state and city road maps to locate destinations
- Perform safe and proper loading techniques
- Secure and unload products
- Adhere to all Department rules, regulations, policies and procedures
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S):
State businesses are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training.
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid Commercial Driver’s License appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on accordance with Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.
Requires possession of a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examiners Certificate.
- Minimum of three years continuous Class ‘A’ licensed delivery experience
- Minimum of three years related on-the-job experience.
- Ability to work early morning & varied 40 hour work week
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, a drug test*, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Correctional Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADC Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
To apply, go to Delivery Truck Driver or Arizona State Jobs. Enter Job ID: 29892 and press Search. Then click on DRIVER (CORRL INDS PROD SPCT)
Contact the ADC Employment Unit at (602)255-2430 for assistance with the application process.
*We are committed to providing a drug and alcohol free workplace. ADC maintains Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal regulations, including the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act, and the United States Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), as well as, statewide random drug testing for all employees in safety –sensitive positions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602)255-2430. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.